Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Valentine's Banner

So here is my Valentine banner. What's a mantel without Holiday decor???

I decided to make a simple heart garland using scrapbook paper (I think it's by Echo Park), paper doilies and ribbon. 
First I cut about 36 heart shapes on my Cricut. I got 2 per page on my Cricut Expressions (I set it to cut at 5 inch).
I folded each heart in half and inked the edges with black. After I folded them in half, I glued 6 of them together, still folded in half.


Then I glued it to some extra paper doilies I had at the house. I only had 6, so that's what I went with.


Then I layed my heart doilies (with the hearts glued down) and traced it onto the black paper. Cut it out and glued it to the doilies. 

String 'em all up and mount them on the mantel. 



Add some ribbons....



My heart garland.....


Linking Up With These Great Blogs:

Alderberry Hill,      Tutus and Tea Parties,      The Rustic Pig Designs,      Or So She Says,      My 1929 Charmer,      Super Handmade Sunday @ A Cat- Like Curiosity,      Lil' Luna          Craft Geek,      Simple As That,       House on the Way,      Sassy Sites,      Mindy May's Market,   Skip To My Lou,        Sugar Bee Crafts,      Cheap Crafty Mama,      Be Different, Act Normal,   Homemaker In Heels,     The Busy Bee's,      Fireflies and Jellybeans,    The Shabby Creek Cottage,     30 Handmade Days,     52 Mantels,     The Shabby Nest,     Lovely Crafty Home,  See Vanessa Craft,     Blissful Bucket List,     Bacon Time With The Hungry Hypo,     Lena B, Actually,     Pocket Full of Pink,     Family Ever After,      I Heart Naptime,     Six Sisters Stuff,  Nifty Thrifty Things,     Homemaker on a Dime,     Under The Table and Dreaming,     Flamingo Toes,    It's Overflowing,    Ivy And Elephants,    Clean and Scentsible,    Creations by Kara,     Tip Junkie,      Love and Laundry,      Create. Craft. Love.,     Sarah Dawn Designs,     One Artsy Mama,      Tatertots and Jello,     The Grant Life,     The Hubby Made Me,     Kitchen Fun With My Three Sons,       The Chiffon Diary,     Manic Mother,     The Thriftiness Miss,     Say Not Sweet Anne,     Becoming Martha,     Too Much Time On My Hands,     Destination Craft,     The Dedicated House,      Katherine's Corner,   C.R.A.F.T.,    Fluster Buster,     Nap Time CreationsThe Mandatory MoochLamberts Lately, Made From Pinterest


24 comments:

Unknown said...

beatuiful!! I am so inspired... really your whole mantel and phots look like they could be in a magazine!!

Sassy Sites! said...

CUTE!! I love the 3D effect! What a fun addition to your mantel! :) Thanks so much for linking up to Sassy Sites for our free for all party. Be sure to join us tomorrow morning for some shout outs! Have a wonderful weekend!

XOXO!
Marni

Sarah Leonard said...

Lovely idea - so perfect and pretty!

Thanks for linking up :)

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

Creative Chaos Art said...

Popping over from Super Handmade Sundays :) I love this idea - I can imagine it with other shapes such as stars too :)
Helen x

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh I adore this banner! I love Valentines Day and this is a sweet project! Nice job!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Such a beautiful banner! :)

Lisa said...

Love the Valentine Garland! I plan to do my Mantle up in some sort of garland too! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week!

the cape on the corner said...

so festive and cute!

Anonymous said...

Super cute banner! Love the mantle too! I need to get going on my Valentine's Day mantle! :)

www.craftysix.blogspot.com

Sarah Adiutori said...

This banner is adorable!! Thanks for sharing, I am stopping by from the Southern Lovely Link Up :)

createdbysk.blogspot.com

Miss Kitty said...

Wow! I love the 3-D effect that you created with all of these hearts. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing how you made this garland with us. I saw your post over at 52 Mantels party.

Rita said...

So pretty! I love the 3-D effect!

Tiffany Joan said...

Luv it. Super cute idea.

Crafts a la Mode said...

These are sweet as candy and would love to have you come over and link up to my new weekly linky party! This is such a neat Valentine craft, too. Gotta try it myself! Linda

Jodi said...

gorgeous!! i love how you made the hearts- it gives so much dimension!

Anonymous said...

This is really cute! I just got a Cricut for Christmas, I might have to try something similar.

Designed Decor said...

Very pretty! Pinning from the Pinteresting party!
DeDe@DesignedDecor

Simply Jessabells said...

Oh I love it. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Leisa said...

Such a lovely idea--colorful and pretty! Thank you for sharing it!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Erin, it's so pretty! You will be one of the features at Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. Hope to see you at the bash, that is, once I get the post live. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

Easy and so adorable!! I would love to try this! Thanks for sharing at One Creative Weekend!

Katie @ Horrific Knits said...

So cute!


Thanks for linking up at Inspired Weekends! This week's round is open if you would like to stop by.

Heather {Woods of Bell Trees} said...

Oh my goodness, I think this is the prettiest Valentine's garland I have seen yet! I LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

Very nice! I love the look of the different papers and the doilies.