Saturday, January 14, 2012

Project 52 Book

I started my Project 52 book at a craft night last Saturday  night over at Dina's house from There's No Place Like Home. When I left her house, I'd only gotten to number 13. And it's taken me an entire week to finish it. I guess I'm a slow worker. But anyways, it's finally finished. In case you're wondering what Project 52 is, see this link Project 52

I used some paper given to me from Kristy over at Next to Heaven and some that I bought on sale at The Little Blue House.


I glued down the letters before I inked them. Dang! So I ended up using a brown Sharpie to outline them.



I used my big Cricut to cut out the pages using my Elegant Edges cartridge to make each page slightly different.


I cut a 3 x 3 white square and then used my scalloped edge cutter to cut along both sides. Then I glued it down to a 3 x 3 patterned paper piece. All of the numbers I cut using my Cricut.





For the back cover, I glued coordinating ribbon down to the polka dotted piece of paper and added a key that says memory.

I also used some leftover letters I had to spell out home, but I didn't have an m so I just used a heart instead.

Now each month, I'll print out my weekly pictures and add them to the book. I made the pages 11 x 11 and on most of the pages it won't matter if the picture is vertical or horizontal.

2 comments:

kristy said...

Love it!! Cant wait to get home and take a closer look... must also investigate that cartridge and consider a circuit upgrade... beautiful work as always.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! As always, your embellishments are just perfect.