Friday, June 7, 2013

Summer Banner


For the Glitter Round of  One Crafty Contest, I had a back up plan in case my Home letters didn't turn out as planned. I decided a Summer banner would be the perfect back up plan.
I started with making a template for my triangles (seen in the yellow triangle below). I used craft paper brown paper cut into 9.5 x 5.5 pieces. I marked each rectangle at the bottom with a little mark where the point hit the middle.

 

I lined the corner of the top of the rectangle to the point marked and cut each side.


Then I used a red paint and then a layer of red glitter paint for the decorative scalloped edge.

Then I made my pinwheels using 2 x 12 inch strips of paper.







Then I cut the letters SUMMER using my Cricut and glued them to the pinwheels.

Before I glued them down, I added a couple of layers of red glitter paint to the top.



Then I used some twine to tie the triangles together. I unraveled the ends to give it some texture.






And here is my updated Summer mantle.

Linking Up With These Great Blogs:

Alderberry Hill,      Tutus and Tea Parties,      The Rustic Pig Designs,      Or So She Says,      My 1929 Charmer,      Super Handmade Sunday @ A Cat- Like Curiosity,      Lil' Luna          Craft Geek,      Simple As That,       House on the Way,      Sassy Sites,      Mindy May's Market,   Skip To My Lou,        Sugar Bee Crafts,      Cheap Crafty Mama,      Be Different, Act Normal,   Homemaker In Heels,     The Busy Bee's,      Fireflies and Jellybeans,    The Shabby Creek Cottage,     30 Handmade Days,     52 Mantels,     The Shabby Nest,     Lovely Crafty Home,  See Vanessa Craft,     Blissful Bucket List,     Bacon Time With The Hungry Hypo,     Lena B, Actually,     Pocket Full of Pink,     Family Ever After,      I Heart Naptime,     Six Sisters Stuff,  Nifty Thrifty Things,     Homemaker on a Dime,     Under The Table and Dreaming,     Flamingo Toes,    It's Overflowing,    Ivy And Elephants,    Clean and Scentsible,    Creations by Kara,     Tip Junkie,      Love and Laundry,      Create. Craft. Love.,     Sarah Dawn Designs,     One Artsy Mama,      Tatertots and Jello,     The Grant Life,     The Hubby Made Me,     Kitchen Fun With My Three Sons,       The Chiffon Diary,     Manic Mother,     The Thriftiness Miss,     Say Not Sweet Anne,     Becoming Martha,     Too Much Time On My Hands,     Destination Craft,     The Dedicated House,      Katherine's Corner,   C.R.A.F.T.,    Fluster Buster,     Nap Time CreationsThe Mandatory MoochLamberts Lately

1 comment:

srpprcrftr said...

Enjoyed your excellent tutorial. Love your banner. Making paper crafts, especially banners is one of my very favorite crafts to make. I've been known to stop another project to jump on making a paper craft.
I love your pinwheels so much. I have a problem getting them to lay down but I'll keep trying to emulate yours which are so nicely done. Love how you used different papers for each pinwheel. Happy Days