Thursday, June 6, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

 

Here's my entry for the glitter round at the One Crafty Contest.

When I heard the material this week was glitter, I’ll be honest. I was terrified. I’m probably the only crafter that hates glitter. It’s messy and I’m a super messy person when I craft so I could just envision a glitter disaster.  But I tried my best to make something that was me but still incorporated glitter. Since I had absolutely NO glitter at my house, I went shopping and was thrilled to find so many paint and glue products containing glitter. I began to breathe a sigh of relief. I wouldn’t have to go the messy glitter route. I could go the paint route. I also discovered that Modge Podge has a ton of options and one actually contains glitter. Score! I love Modge Podge!
          So here are a few pics of how I made my Home letters. I bought the letters for about $10 at The Wood Connection. They now have a few select wood pieces that they will ship. What I love about these letters is the thickness so they can stand on their own.

 
 
First I painted the sides and insides of the letters with turquoise acrylic paint. Then I painted turquoise glitter paint on top of that.
 


 
Then I glued scrapbook paper on top of the letters.






 I used a bunch of layers of glitter Modge Podge on top of the paper and the sides of the letters.

Then I just began to add embellishments to accessorize each letter.







 Totally my style and still used glitter.
Linking Up With These Great Blogs:

Alderberry Hill,      Tutus and Tea Parties,      The Rustic Pig Designs,      Or So She Says,      My 1929 Charmer,      Super Handmade Sunday @ A Cat- Like Curiosity,      Lil' Luna          Craft Geek,      Simple As That,       House on the Way,      Sassy Sites,      Mindy May's Market,   Skip To My Lou,        Sugar Bee Crafts,      Cheap Crafty Mama,      Be Different, Act Normal,   Homemaker In Heels,     The Busy Bee's,      Fireflies and Jellybeans,    The Shabby Creek Cottage,     30 Handmade Days,     52 Mantels,     The Shabby Nest,     Lovely Crafty Home,  See Vanessa Craft,     Blissful Bucket List,     Bacon Time With The Hungry Hypo,     Lena B, Actually,     Pocket Full of Pink,     Family Ever After,      I Heart Naptime,     Six Sisters Stuff,  Nifty Thrifty Things,     Homemaker on a Dime,     Under The Table and Dreaming,     Flamingo Toes,    It's Overflowing,    Ivy And Elephants,    Clean and Scentsible,    Creations by Kara,     Tip Junkie,      Love and Laundry,      Create. Craft. Love.,     Sarah Dawn Designs,     One Artsy Mama,      Tatertots and Jello,     The Grant Life,     The Hubby Made Me,     Kitchen Fun With My Three Sons,       The Chiffon Diary,     Manic Mother,     The Thriftiness Miss,     Say Not Sweet Anne,     Becoming Martha,     Too Much Time On My Hands,     Destination Craft,     The Dedicated House,      Katherine's Corner,   C.R.A.F.T.,    Fluster Buster,     Nap Time CreationsThe Mandatory MoochLamberts Lately

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my faves!
Tricia

Kylie Rose said...

These are too much! Seriously I love how you took these letters the extra mile. They're so gorgeous! So personal with all of your creative touches. Awesome job!!

Xo Kylie @ Absolutely Arkansas