Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Magnetic Photo Holder Tutorial

My back up plan for the One Crafty Contest entry was to make a magnetic photo display using a cardboard block letter. I got this K because it can stand by itself.
 
I painted it with the magnetic paint 2 times.

While that was drying, I made my magnets. I used these Tim Holtz numbers, very strong magnets from Hobby Lobby, and a hot glue gun to attach them.

I chose three numbers, the year each of us was born (69, 74, 08).

I painted two layers of turquoise acrylic paint.

I stenciled a design on the vertical part of the letter K using red. Not perfectly stenciled but it just adds a little character.

Don't worry. I moved the 69 magnet off of Sophia's head. :)

My back up plan was way easier than the magnetic art display so I could work on it while I was waiting for paint to dry on the wall display.
Linking Up With These Great Blogs:

Alderberry Hill,      Tutus and Tea Parties,      The Rustic Pig Designs,      Or So She Says,      My 1929 Charmer,      Super Handmade Sunday @ A Cat- Like Curiosity,      Lil' Luna          Craft Geek,      Simple As That,       House on the Way,      Sassy Sites,      Mindy May's Market,   Skip To My Lou,        Sugar Bee Crafts,      Cheap Crafty Mama,      Be Different, Act Normal,   Homemaker In Heels,     The Busy Bee's,      Fireflies and Jellybeans,    The Shabby Creek Cottage,     30 Handmade Days,     52 Mantels,     The Shabby Nest,     Lovely Crafty Home,  See Vanessa Craft,     Blissful Bucket List,     Bacon Time With The Hungry Hypo,     Lena B, Actually,     Pocket Full of Pink,     Family Ever After,      I Heart Naptime,     Six Sisters Stuff,  Nifty Thrifty Things,     Homemaker on a Dime,     Under The Table and Dreaming,     Flamingo Toes,    It's Overflowing,    Ivy And Elephants,    Clean and Scentsible,    Creations by Kara,     Tip Junkie,      Love and Laundry,      Create. Craft. Love.,     Sarah Dawn Designs,     One Artsy Mama,      Tatertots and Jello,     The Grant Life,     The Hubby Made Me,     Kitchen Fun With My Three Sons,       The Chiffon Diary,     Manic Mother,     The Thriftiness Miss,     Say Not Sweet Anne,     Becoming Martha,     Too Much Time On My Hands,     Destination Craft,     The Dedicated House,      Katherine's Corner,   C.R.A.F.T.,    Fluster Buster,     Nap Time CreationsThe Mandatory MoochLamberts Lately


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very cool!
Tricia

Anonymous said...

Hola! I've been following your site for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Huffman Texas! Just wanted to say keep up the great work!

my webpage: simple wood projects