This year I wanted to make a wreath for our mantle for the Halloween season. Here's what I came up with....a spider web wreath.
I started with this wooden wreath from the $1 Store.
Spray painted it black.
Used a yarn called Cello in black (at Joann's, I think that's what it's called). You could also use Fun Fur but I like the Cello better because it's more wispy.
I used hot glue and a chip clip to hold it in place while it dried. I had other things going on, like dishes and dinner so I wasn't watching glue dry.
I had to use Zip Dry glue so I could use my fingers to attach the inside pieces.
Then I made the Eek! banner and used googly eyes inside the e's.
The spider....I used a pom-pom cut off of some pomp-pom sewing trim I had laying around, wrapped it in yarn.
Added googly eyes...
and made the legs from some ribbon that was very think and had a lot of body (all of this was spare stuff, laying around the house).
This is how it turned out. Not bad for spare parts and a $1 wreath .