Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Christmas in July


I'm submitting my Christmas post from this past December for Tip Junkie's Christmas in July tutorials. So please bare with me for those of you that have already seen this project.
Here is our Christmas mantle from 2011. The main focal point of the mantle is the wreath which is attached to a black frame. I staple gunned varying kinds of ribbon and finishes from one side of the frame to the other (I had removed the glass). 

Then I made one of those bulb wreaths using a straw wreath that I wrapped in red fabric. I used a hot glue gun to attach the bulbs and then tied a ribbon around the wreath and stapled the wreath to the frame.

And I loved how the frame turned out, so I made another one to use for our Christmas cards.

Happy Christmas in July!

No comments: