Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Jingle Bell Jar???

For now, I'm calling this project A Jingle Bell Jar.....but I've also considered Santa's Watching Jar or just Jingle Jar.


Basically, we bought this fish bowl at the end of Oct. when my daughter got a free gold fish at a Halloween carnival. Of course, that fish died. So we bought 2 more and then they died too. So we've abandoned any hopes or dreams of having fish in this fish bowl. So what to do with a fish bowl?

Turn it into Santa? Use it to reward a 3 year old for good behavior?

I used a marker made to write especially on glass to trace this coloring page onto the front (I know I could have just drawn it myself. But hey, this saved time. I just taped the picture to the inside of the fish bowl).

Then I painted his beard using enamel paints. I used glossy. I really liked the thickness and coverage this product gave.

I just used regular acrylic craft paint for the skin and red (hard to see on the pic, but the coverage was much more solid with the enamel paint).Then I outlined everything again with the black glass marker pen.

I bought a toddler Santa hat at Hobby Lobby for $1. Then I bought some jingle bells that Sophia picked out at Michael's.

I explained to her that Santa is really busy this time of year and we really want to make sure he hears that she's been a good girl. So whenever she makes a really good choice or does a really good deed, she gets to pick a jingle bell, ring it (so Santa hears her being a good girl) and then she places it in the jar. 

We'll see if this improves her behavior. But really, I just needed to do something with that fish bowl. 

Now for the name....what's your vote? Jingle Bell Jar? Santa's Watching Jar? Jingle Jar? Or do you have any other suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The is FANTASTIC!!!! Santa looks great, and what a fun way to recognize Sophia's efforts. And I love the jingling so Santa hears it. TOO COOL and so fun for her!!! I vote for Jingle Bell jar.
Tricia

Unknown said...

Super cute!