Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Christmas Wreath

Can I start off this post by saying how much I hate glue guns??? 

I guess I'm just careless, get distracted, use too much glue at once or my glue gun just stinks?? But by the end of my wreath making, I had 2 blisters that hurt really, really bad. Ouch!


  
Moving on to the wreath. I've been seeing these wreaths all over Pinterest and finally decided to make one myself.

I wrapped it in red cloth, using hot glue to attach it.



Then I hot glued a variety of silver and red ornaments around the outside edge and inside edge. This is the back side.

Then I flipped it over and started adding a variety of sizes and finishes (some were shiny, some matte, some glittery) in just silver and red.


And this is the point right before I burnt my fingers. After this I took a 2 hour break and finished it up later.

Here's the finished product. I used a pale blue ribbon to attach it to the black frame. The black frame is just a cheap frame from Joann's with a variety of ribbons stapled gunned to the back. 


Linking up with:
Visit thecsiproject.com


11 comments:

Dina said...

I love that wreath! And I love the frame it's on too! You are so crafty! Sorry about the icky blisters.

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Just Beautiful!!!
Sorry about the burned fingers, though : )
I bought the ornaments last year & plan to do a few for DIL's... so Thanks for the tutorial...
(stopping by from Amaze me Monday)

Jennifer said...

Great job on the wreath! But I have to say that I cannot stop looking at that frame! I love what you did with the ribbons!

SILLy stories!! said...

Stopping by via Kelly's Korner. I love the wreath and the ribbon/pic frame project!! I may have to "borrow" those ideas from you this coming Christmas!!!

mail4rosey said...

I'm sorry about the glue gun and the ouchies, but the end result is AWESOME!

I'm visiting today from the Thursday Favorite Things Hop. :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely wreath! I'm always telling my husband that a glue gun is a crafters best friend and enemy at the same time. :-)

T'onna
Submarine Sunday Link Party @ http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/submarine-sunday-8.html

kate blue said...

gorgeous and so worth the pain right???! I use a small glue gun since I cannot be trusted with a big one!

Katherines Corner said...

Ouch!!!!! But the wreath is lovely. thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop.xo

Unknown said...

I do the same with the glue gun! Thanks for sharing, your wreath turned out great!

Dixie n Dottie said...

Great decorations! Your ornament wreath is beautiful! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_11_archive.html

Luisa said...

The wreath turned out beautifully!!