I decided for Sophia's princess party, she needed a thrown.
So I started with this old chair that we had lying around the house.
Since her colors for the party are pink and black, I decided to paint it black first. I made the mistake of using spray paint for this coat. I should have just used regular acrylic or latex paint. I had wanted the black to show through the pink.
Next, while the chair was drying, I recovered the chair seat.
Start on one side with one staple. The go across to the other side with 1 staple (much like stretching a canvas).
Work your way around to all 4 sides. Then start again with the first side and work through all 4.
The corners are trickier and I just played around with it. I treated it like wrapping a package. Unfortunately I stink at that.
Then I spray painted the chair pink.And then distressed it using a really coarse sand paper.
Sophia loves it. And that's all that matters.
Here's the princesses thrown for Saturday.