Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Floral Decor Using Tissue Paper

So for Sophia's party, I want to give it a ballroom feel to go along with the whole princess theme. So I found a tutorial on how to make these cool flowers made out of tissue paper that look almost like lanterns.

1. Start with about 8-10 sheets of tissue paper. I found that the best to work with are the ones at Target that are left long instead of these found at Hallmark that were folded into quarters.
Start at the bottom and fold it up about 1 inch to an 1 1/2. Flip it over to do an accordion fold and fold it again 1- 1.5 inches again. Keep repeating until you get to the end.

2. Wrap a pipe cleaner around the middle. Cut each end in a point or you can round it depending on how you want the flower to look.

3. Start working from one end and separate the sheets of tissue paper. Now go back and do the other side.


4. I'm going to attach some black or white ribbon to the center so it can be hung from the ceiling.

1 comment:

kristy said...

Love these- I have made several and they look like a million bucks. I had some similar in Addy nersury and have bought the stuff to make bigger ones for her new room. They are so pretty!!