Monday, August 12, 2013

Washi Tape Birdhouse

I bought this plain white bird house at Joann's on clearance. I always love a good bargain! It sat in my craft closet forever because I just couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it.
 
 As part of a craft contest, I decided washi tape would be perfect to add a little color and pattern to it.



 
I chose a bright red, geometric patterned tape.

You just have to make sure you line up the patterns (much like sewing).

For contrast, I used a teal damask patterned tape.

But it didn't seem quite finished. So I added a black polka dot tape.
 

I love how just adding a little washi tape can transform a boring birdhouse. Another great thing is that if I decide I want to change colors, the washi tape can be easily removed and replaced.

Linking Up With These Great Blogs:

Alderberry Hill,      Tutus and Tea Parties,      The Rustic Pig Designs,      Or So She Says,      My 1929 Charmer,      Super Handmade Sunday @ A Cat- Like Curiosity,      Lil' Luna          Craft Geek,      Simple As That,       House on the Way,      Sassy Sites,      Mindy May's Market,   Skip To My Lou,        Sugar Bee Crafts,      Cheap Crafty Mama,      Be Different, Act Normal,   Homemaker In Heels,     The Busy Bee's,      Fireflies and Jellybeans,    The Shabby Creek Cottage,     30 Handmade Days,     52 Mantels,     The Shabby Nest,     Lovely Crafty Home,  See Vanessa Craft,     Blissful Bucket List,     Bacon Time With The Hungry Hypo,     Lena B, Actually,     Pocket Full of Pink,     Family Ever After,      I Heart Naptime,     Six Sisters Stuff,  Nifty Thrifty Things,     Homemaker on a Dime,     Under The Table and Dreaming,     Flamingo Toes,    It's Overflowing,    Ivy And Elephants,    Clean and Scentsible,    Creations by Kara,     Tip Junkie,      Love and Laundry,      Create. Craft. Love.,     Sarah Dawn Designs,     One Artsy Mama,      Tatertots and Jello,     The Grant Life,     The Hubby Made Me,     Kitchen Fun With My Three Sons,       The Chiffon Diary,     Manic Mother,     The Thriftiness Miss,     Say Not Sweet Anne,     Becoming Martha,     Too Much Time On My Hands,     Destination Craft,     The Dedicated House,      Katherine's Corner,   C.R.A.F.T.,    Fluster Buster,     Nap Time CreationsThe Mandatory MoochLamberts Lately

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love birdhouses, and this one is so cute! I love the tapes you chose. Using the tape is much neater than painting, so I may have to give this a try one day! I'm pinning this to my birdhouse board!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party