Saturday, February 2, 2013

Valentine's Day Countdown

I've been wanting to create a Valentine's Day Countdown for a while and recently I pulled ALL of my crafting stash out to see what I need to get rid of and realized, I have more than 25 bottles saved, just waiting to be used. They are a variety, Starbucks Mocha Frapaccino jars, salsa jars, spaghetti jars, mason jars etc.

So I decided to "dye" them pink. Here's a link for a tutorial. However, this tutorial is not waterproof, so it cannot be used for vases that would have water in them. I never perefected the technique. So mine turned out more streaky.

I have to say, I think my beginning jars turned out better. I used less food coloring and a thinner coating. My jars are by no means perfect. But they are pink!

Then I added washi tape and ribbon to embellish them.



I set them on a tray that I've had for a while. I had used it at Sophia's 3rd birthday party.

So there are 14 jars filled with candy (next time I'll just do 1 or 2 pieces per jar). And each day Sophia gets to pick a jar to "eat".



And we count down to Valentine's Day. She LOVES it so far!!!!! 

Who wouldn't love chocolate each day?????

Linkin up with:
Visit thecsiproject.com



9 comments:

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Very Cute! Thanks for sharing! :)
Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

SewSweetVIntage said...

Love all the different sizes and washi tape. And of course the chocolate:) Great project. Pinned it!!!!! Stop by http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/02/be-fearless-arianna-huffington.html

Unknown said...

Cute, thank you for stopping by and linking up :)

Brooke said...

This is so cute! I love using jars, and countdown are my favorites! Thanks for sharing!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

What a sweet idea! Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Mindie Hilton said...

Super cute and fun project for V day. Thanks for sharing your countdown at Bacon Time.

Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

So cute! Thank you for sharing at last week's week's All My Bloggy Friends :)

Lauren said...

How sweet! Thank you for sharing at our Pinteresting Party!

vintage_bel said...

Yum! What a great idea to make use of leftovers from other events - I cannot throw away anything - I love getting ideas about how to re-use thongs. Thanks!