Sunday, October 9, 2011

FAMILY

I found this on Pinterest. But knew that I'd need to adjust the colors to harmonize with my decor.

Here's how I did it. I printed out a letter K on our printer in about 700. Then I cut it out, making sure to leave the background in tact. I discarded the letter....but....

taped the outline down to my background. Maybe I should mention that I wrapped the backing of the frame I bought with scrap fabric. Then I spray painted the frame to black (I bought the frame at Goodwill for $1).

Then I just started filling in the outline with buttons. I layered my buttons (and I actually had most of them on hand, just needed to buy 1 package for $2).. But unfortunately, when I taped my letter outline down I forgot to consider how far down on on the page my letter had printed. So it left a bit of room at the top.

So I added the word FAMILY along ribbon at the top.


1 comment:

kristy said...

This is just plain pretty! I love how your "mistake" turned out... funny how that happens!