Wednesday, August 15, 2012

How I Photograph My Etsy Listings....

I went to the craft store and bought one of those tri-folding display boards in white and a piece of white foam board. I set them up on a South facing wall, near a window. I just used my daughter's play table to set it up on. I shot today around 3 ish. There's no direct sunlight, just indirect.






Then I shot my Etsy listings. Here is the before picture......


Using Photoshop, I edited my photographs....here's the after.
I used Camera Raw to "warm" up the photo a little. Then I increased the exposure. After that, I added a little contrast and saturation. And then, I cropped it. 

 Of course, you don't need Photoshop for that. There are free photo-editing software out there. I have a Micro-Soft Photo Editor that came on my computer and have used it before to edit photos.What other free options do you know of and have used?


So for those of you that have Etsy shops, how do you photograph your items? Please share!

3 comments:

Dina said...

wow! your creativity, even with taking pictures, amazes me! And you have a boat load of patience too!

Michelle@ Learning to Be a Mom said...

This is an awesome tip. Thanks for sharing it.

Unknown said...

THANKS!! I think I still struggle with the whole direct or indirect sunlight... I try taking them outside on our covered porch, but I feel like they are pretty hit of miss- really like your set up!! Thanks for the 411 :)